SureSample is a set of 44 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) to add to your SureSeq myPanel custom NGS panel to assist in sample identification. Throughout the library preparation process, they provide reliable sample tracking and easy identification of sample mix-up.
Whilst good practice in the handling of samples and increased laboratory automation minimises potential for error, additional checkpoints are valuable, particularly where multiple processing steps necessitate transfer of samples between different facilities.
The 44 SNPs selected have a minor allele frequency of 45-55% across six major HapMap populations, these 44 SNPs afford 88 points of allelic comparison providing highly discriminatory identifiers giving a likelihood of 1 in 5.6814 of two random samples having identical SNP profiles (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Integrated Genomics Viewer image comparing the profiles from 9 samples over 8 of the 44 SNPs in the SureSample panel, illustrating how the SNP profiles differ from sample to sample.
- Confidence in results - SureSample provides an additional checkpoint valuable in supporting laboratory quality control
- Reliable identification of sample mix-up - Maintain data integrity and sample provenance
- Learn more about SureSeq myPanel™ NGS Custom Cancer Panels
- View SureSeq myPanel™ NGS exon coverage examples
- Check out our interactive web tool which looks at the advantages of using hybridisation-based assays
SureSeq™: For research use only; not for use in diagnostic procedures.