NGS Success - Pre-Analytical QC
View next generation sequencing (NGS) tips for pre-analytical QC:
DNA Integrity: Tape Station
- Flick Screen Tape to eliminate bubbles.
- If insufficient sample migration occurs, dilute samples to a lower buffer salt concentration.
Figure 1 - Illustrating the differences in quality of input DNA. Blue trace is poor quality FFPE sample with a DIN of 2.3. Green trace is good quality FFPE sample with a DIN score of 5.6. Orange trace is a good quality whole blood DNA sample with a DIN score of 6.5.
- Bring all reagents to room temperature.
- Protect reagents and working solution from light.
- Do not hold assay tubes in hand before measurement.
- Follow recommended incubation times.
- If your reading is too high, dilute samples.
- If you reading is too low, protect from light which diminishes sample signal and check standard tube readings for accuracy.
- Carryover contamination may decrease or increase readings, look for contamination patterns in graph.