OGT is a leading global provider of clinical and diagnostic genomic solutions. We create products that enable researchers and clinical decision makers to reach the right care decisions for each patient, every time. By working with partnerships with our customers, we strive to unlock the future of genetic clinical care.
- Are you looking for the next step in your career at OGT?
- Or perhaps you know someone who would be a great fit for our Company and would like to explore joining us?
- If so, read on and find out more about our latest opportunity as a Senior Research Scientist in our Cambridge R&D Team.
Our Senior Research Scientists are innovative, accurate and organised individuals who are passionate about their scientific field, solving scientific issues and developing and improving new/existing product and technologies.
You’ll work for our R&D Manager, and have the chance to progress a variety of molecular biology activities including the experimental design and implementation of laboratory work. You’ll also support the day to day running of the lab whilst supervising and mentoring other scientists in the team.
What we’re looking for in you:
- A Masters or equivalent as a minimum, in a life sciences or biologically related discipline up to PhD in Molecular Biology, Biology or Genetics
- Experience of working in a commercial environment with a background in Cytogenetics (clinical FISH analysis)
- Strong analytical skills with experience of molecular biology technologies
- Project management experience with proven success completing and delivering projects to specific deadlines involving key stakeholders at each stage
- Experience of supervising and mentoring technical staff
- Understanding and application of scientific principles and techniques
- Adaptability and high levels of motivation with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and clarity in communication when interacting with a range of audiences at different scientific levels
- Exceptional attention to detail with very good organisational skills
- Goal driven and able to set and adhere to strict deadlines within a regulatory framework and against technical milestones
What you’ll be doing for us:
- Molecular biology activities including experimental design and implementation of laboratory work
- Contribution to the research, development and improvement of new and existing Cytocell technologies
- Providing technical expertise and training to others within the research team
- Keeping up to date with relevant literature and technical developments in the industry
- Monitoring scientific literature to search for improvements to existing procedures and protocols to potentially identify novel approaches
- Summarising and interpreting routine and complex data sets and making recommendations to more senior staff in a timely, thorough and coherent manner both orally and in written format
- Maintaining Good laboratory Practice (GLP) and ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety, bio-safety and HTA regulations
- Of course, there’s always some admin to do this will include maintaining lab books and electronic records and ensuring that all project documentation is complete and up to date.
In return you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme
If this has piqued your interest, then our R&D Team would love to hear from you.
To apply we’ll need your current CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is midday on 04 February 2022.