An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Scientist to join the R&D team which is responsible for all research and development activity within the organisation.
Reporting to our R&D Manager, you will play a crucial role in the research and development of new products and technologies including internal research projects. You will also contribute to and oversee a variety of molecular biology activities and support the day-to-day running of the laboratory.
Your tasks will include:
- Research and development of new products whilst improving new and existing projects and services
- Providing technical expertise and training to other research staff that are part of projects
- Presenting results in both written and verbal format including delivery of reports
- Molecular biology activities such as experimental design and laboratory work
- Finding solutions to scientific and technical problems in the Company as they arise and making recommendations as required in a timely, thorough and coherent manner
- Ensuring all project documentation is complete and up-to-date and that progress is reported as necessary. Being responsible for setting and delivering results against technical milestones
- Monitoring relevant scientific literature to search for improvements to existing procedures and protocols to potentially identify novel approaches
- Summarising and interpreting routine and complex data sets
- Providing assistance in the day to day running of the laboratory including maintaining Good Laboratory Practise (GLP), ensuring compliance with H&S, bio-safety and HTA regulations
- Maintenance of essential stocks of externally supplied materials
- Managing, supervising and mentoring the team where appropriate
- Be qualified to a minimum of Masters level or equivalent in a biological-related discipline
- Have significant demonstrable experience including strong analytical skills and molecular biology (desirable) with the ability to establish new scientific contacts and networks (desirable)
- Have experience in managing technical staff and project management
- Have comprehensive knowledge, understanding and application of scientific principles and techniques and strong analytical skills
- Have the ability to work to deadlines, as part of a team, in an occasionally high-pressure environment
- Have a proactive and inquisitive approach with the interest and ability to solve problems
Due to the nature of the projects, this role is suited to somebody who is highly organised and will take pride in delivering high-quality R&D work whilst suggesting process improvement to increase efficiency.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 10 June 2022.
No agencies please