- Are you looking for the next step in your career at OGT?
- Or perhaps you know someone who would be a great fit for our Company and would like to explore joining us?
- If so, read on and find out more about our latest opportunity as a Senior NGS Scientist in our Oxford based R&D Team.
An opportunity has arisen in our Oxford based Research & Development team for a Senior NGS Scientist. Reporting to the Head of Research, you will play an integral role in all aspects of new product development including laboratory preparation, sequencing, bioinformatics, and data interpretation. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our NGS capabilities and portfolio.
This role is suited to someone who wants to lead lab-based research and innovative development work whilst working in a commercial environment.
Your tasks will include:
- Playing a lead role in the introduction of new products, technologies and methodologies which either increase existing efficiencies or expand the product portfolio.
- Setting and delivering a variety of molecular biology projects against technical milestones and in compliance with Project Development Framework.
- Planning and conducting lab-based experimental work in accordance with project timelines.
- Assessment, review and reporting of data from own work and that of others.
- Interpreting findings, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations whilst identifying challenges and proposing improvements.
- Maintaining integrity of sequencing data, including troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution, and communication.
- Attending R&D meetings, reporting on work progress and presenting findings.
- Ensuring a smooth flow of information between R&D and other departments.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments to proactively disseminate and apply any new information which may benefit the Company.
- Producing all required documents for relevant technical transfers.
- Be qualified to a minimum of MSc, up to a PhD, or equivalent in Life Sciences with relevant demonstrable molecular biology laboratory experience
- Have specialist knowledge of next generation sequencing, including design and development of NGS assays and up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for constitutional diseases and/or oncology.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of targeted NGS assay workflow execution (DNA to sequencer) and operation of different sequencing technologies.
- Be skilled in the interpretation of NGS data and troubleshooting of molecular biology, sequencing and data analysis issues.
- Be a strong team player with excellent attention to detail with previous experience of completing projects on time and within budget.
- Hold excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate complex ideas and information to a range of stakeholders.
- Be able to multitask effectively and perform complex studies in parallel with minimal supervision to agreed deadlines.
- Have the tenacity and desire to understand and persevere with obtaining results.
A proven track record of executing a variety of NGS projects in support of product development activities in a commercial environment is an advantage for this role.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Flexi-time Scheme
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to Vacancies@ogt.com
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2022.
No agencies please