Oxford Gene Technology (a Sysmex Group Company) has helped pioneer molecular medicine enabling better and more personalised choices in medicine. We have a strong and growing team, with customers in over 60 countries worldwide and expansion plans to increase our share in the growing genomic medicine market.
Our Production Scientists are hardworking and organised team players, who play an integral role in the manufacture of our catalogue products in a science-based laboratory.
You’ll work within a team to produce the correct amount and type of stock in line with customer and business requirements. This involves carrying out manufacturing tasks whilst following established processes and procedures in the Quality Management System.
Operations involves the production of over 400 catalogue products and increases to more than 1,000 when including bespoke products (c. £12m annual output).
What you’ll be doing for us:
- Work as part of a team of Production Scientists, carrying out manufacturing tasks such as PCR amplification and Nick Translation in line with guidelines and under close supervision.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of materials and reagents within the laboratory area generally and specifically for each campaign/manufacture task assigned to you
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment
- Adhere to procedures documented in the CytoCell® quality management system and ensure that any non-compliances are reported in a timely manner using approved procedures.
What we are looking for in you:
- A level qualification or equivalent, in a biological or related science (desirable)
- Experience of working in a production or laboratory environment (desirable)
- Experience of using molecular biology techniques, such as PCR and Nick Translation (desirable)
- Exceptional attention to detail with an organisational methodical way of working with the ability to manage your workload and prioritise your tasks in order to meet deadlines
- The ability to follow exact detailed processes
- Ideas on process change and improvements to deliver operating efficiency.
In return you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- 21 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period.
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.