Oxford Gene Technology (a Sysmex Group Company) has helped pioneer molecular medicine enabling better and more personalised choices in medicine. We have a strong and growing team, with customers in over 60 countries worldwide and expansion plans to increase our share in the growing genomic medicine market.
An opportunity has arisen in our Cambridge-based Operations Team which is responsible for manufacturing, packing, shipping, health & safety and facilities management coordination.
You will work as part of the team carrying out a variety of tasks in the Production process, in particular final product assembly, dispatch and warehouse duties.
Your duties will include:
- Assembly of final product following precise specifications
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of materials and reagents within the kit assembly area
- Maintaining a clean and organised working environment at all times.
- Raising Material Transfer Form requests to replace stock as necessary
- Assisting with Materials Management tasks as directed, including the selection and picking of warehouse items using the iPassport system
- Assisting, when required, with keying orders into the SAGE accounting system
- Assisting with final dispatch packing
- Executing and documenting tasks using approved ISO compliant documentation
- Adhering to procedures documented in the CytoCell® quality system and ensuring that any non-compliance noted is reported in a timely manner using approved procedures
- Ensuring safety related issues are reported, including completion of relevant documentation
- Completing any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the Production Manager or Lead Operations Technician.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Ability to work to deadlines within exacting processes both as part of a team and independently and in a sometimes highly pressurised environment
- Computer literacy
- Some level of scientific qualification, ideally ‘A’ level or higher (desirable)
- Experience of working in a production environment (desirable).
In return you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- 21 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme.
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period.
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.