Reporting to our VP Sales & Support, North America, this management position is critical to ensuring reagent sales growth and sales team development in North America. We are seeking motivated candidates with a desire to impact healthcare via application of genetic technologies in translational and clinical genomics laboratories. This is a key role which requires proven sales leadership, genomic knowledge and regulatory understanding.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 35% of their working time to visit customers and attend exhibitions in the United States and Canada.
Your duties will include:
- Driving sales of new, differentiated products to achieve or exceed sales targets to cytogenetics, molecular oncology and genetics labs by maximising selling effectiveness of the team
- Hiring, training, coaching and developing the team
- Supporting the sales team to pursue tenders, multi-year contracts and standing orders to assure longevity
- Supporting execution of Integrity Selling sales process, regular CRM utilisation
- Enabling efficient management of the Sales Process. Driving the regional product portfolio sales by leading the Account Management team to close new opportunities in a timely manner. Holding the team accountable by monitoring sales and forecasting
- Approving quotes for current and new business within guidelines. Acquiring additional resources as necessary to drive sales opportunities to close
- Partnering with field application and business development teams to maximize revenue impact
- Managing regional sales via forecasting, planning, coordinating resources for strategic sales and precise communication
- Hold a BS degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to MS in a Scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Genetic Counselling, Human Genetics or related field. Lab experience is beneficial
- Have established clinical lab sales track record and or marketing achievement. Consultative selling skills and success in complex selling situations is desired
- Excellent project and network management skills
- Have established high level cytogenetic and molecular genetic industry contacts
- Strong knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following: Next Generation Sequencing, Microarray, FISH technologies, applications and markets
- Be comfortable working with various highly technical and scientifically focused teams simultaneously
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- 401k Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
- Life Assurance Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the US during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 12 November 2021.
No agencies please