We have an opportunity available within our Oxford based R&D team for an NGS Scientist. Reporting to Head of Development, you will play an integral role in product development including library preparation, sequencing, bioinformatics and data interpretation. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our NGS capabilities and portfolio.
This role is suited to someone who wants to perform lab-based research and develop innovative products within a commercial environment. You will be responsible for your own projects and work within a small, highly collaborative team to meet team and individual development targets.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and assist in the development and release of new products, technologies and methodologies which improve efficiencies and expand the OGT portfolio of products.
- Devise, coordinate and conduct experiments, analyse results and determine best courses of action to achieve targets
- Stay well-informed of current research and share relevant new findings
- Identify data and machine issues; troubleshoot and find solutions
- Attend R&D meetings, present data from ongoing and complete experiments and discuss with team members
- Communicate findings and recommendations in an accessible way between R&D and between other departments
- Oversee technical transfers, store documents appropriately and keep track of necessary experimental and technical information
- Be qualified to a minimum of BSc, up to PhD, or equivalent in Life Sciences with demonstrable experience in sequencing-based molecular approaches, design and development of molecular biology assays (NGS and others)
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of targeted NGS assay workflow execution (nucleic acid to sequencer) and operation of sequencing technologies
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally
- Have effective IT skills enabling you to analyse, summarise and present complex datasets
- Be well organised in your approach to work, with good, self-directed time management
- Be able to multitask effectively and perform complex studies in parallel, with minimal supervision, to agreed deadlines
- Have the tenacity and desire to understand and persevere with obtaining results
- Be a strong team player with excellent attention to detail
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Flexi-time Scheme
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 12 November 2021.
No agencies please