An opportunity has arisen in our Oxford based Research & Development team for an NGS Scientist. Reporting to the Jackie Chan, Head of Development, you will play an integral role in all aspects of new product development including laboratory preparation, sequencing, bioinformatics, and data interpretation. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our NGS capabilities and portfolio.
This role is suited to someone who wants to perform lab-based research and innovative development work whilst working in a commercial environment.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with the introduction of new products, technologies and methodologies which either increase existing efficiencies or expand the product portfolio
- Finding solutions for and implementing methods to resolve Company scientific/technical issues
- Planning and conducting experiments and analysing results
- Maintaining integrity of sequencing data, including troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution, and communication
- Writing experimental methods and results using quality guidelines in a logical and concise manner
- Attending R&D meetings, reporting on work progress and presenting findings
- Ensuring a smooth flow of information between R&D and other departments
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments to disseminate any new information which may benefit the Company
- Producing all required documents for relevant technical transfers
For the full job description, please contact the HR team.
- Be qualified to a minimum of BSc, up to PhD, or equivalent in Life Sciences with demonstrable experience in sequencing based molecular approaches, design and development of molecular biology assays (NGS and others)
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of targeted NGS assay workflow execution (DNA to sequencer) and operation of different sequencing technologies
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally
- Have effective IT skills enabling you to summarise and present complex datasets
- Be well organised in your approach to work, with good time management
- Be able to multitask effective and perform complex studies in parallel with minimal supervision to agreed deadlines
- Have the tenacity and desire to understand and persevere with obtaining results
- Be a strong team player with excellent attention to detail
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Flexi-time Scheme
- High Street Discount Scheme
Closing date for applications is 23 July 2021.
No agencies please