* This is a 12-month fixed-term contract position, starting as July 2022, (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday) *
- Are you looking for the next step in your career at OGT?
- Or perhaps you know someone who would be a great fit for our Company and would like to explore joining us?
- If so, read on and find out more about our latest opportunity as a NGS Scientist in our Oxford based Research and Development Team.
An opportunity has arisen in our Oxford based Research & Development team for an NGS Scientist. Reporting to Jackie Chan, Head of Development, you will play an integral role in all aspects of new product development including laboratory preparation, sequencing, bioinformatics, and data interpretation. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our NGS capabilities and portfolio.
This role is suited to someone who wants to perform lab-based research and innovative development work whilst working in a commercial environment.
What we are looking for in you:
- Be qualified to a minimum of BSc, up to PhD, or equivalent in Life Sciences with demonstrable experience in sequencing based molecular approaches, design and development of molecular biology assays (NGS and others)
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of targeted NGS assay workflow execution (DNA to sequencer) and operation of different sequencing technologies
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally
- Have effective IT skills enabling you to summarise and present complex datasets
- Be well organised in your approach to work, with good time management
- Be able to multitask effective and perform complex studies in parallel with minimal supervision to agreed deadlines
- Have the tenacity and desire to understand and persevere with obtaining results
- Be a strong team player with excellent attention to detail
What you’ll be doing for us:
- Assisting with the introduction of new products, technologies and methodologies which either increase existing efficiencies or expand the product portfolio
- Finding solutions for and implementing methods to resolve Company scientific/technical issues
- Planning and conducting experiments and analysing results
- Maintaining integrity of sequencing data, including troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution, and communication
- Writing experimental methods and results using quality guidelines in a logical and concise manner
- Attending R&D meetings, reporting on work progress and presenting findings
- Ensuring a smooth flow of information between R&D and other departments
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments to disseminate any new information which may benefit the Company
- Producing all required documents for relevant technical transfers
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Flexi-time Scheme
- High Street Discount Scheme
If this has piqued your interest, then our R&D Team would love to hear from you.
To apply we’ll need your current CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is midday on 8 July 2022. Please note we may close the vacancy earlier should be receive sufficient applications.