An opportunity has arisen for a Field Application Specialist to join our Sales Team supporting Europe and other Export regions.
Reporting to our Field Application Support Manager, you will provide technical product support, customer training and work directly with customers in the laboratory to solve problems in a pre- and post-sales capacity. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy to the needs of the customers.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time, often at relatively short notice, mainly within Europe but also ROW.
Your duties will include:
- Providing technical training on OGT FISH products and FISH health checks at customer sites
- Providing ongoing technical support for existing customers
- Providing feedback information to Marketing, R&D, Quality Control and other teams across the organisation as appropriate to help in the development and accurate marketing of future products
- Travelling extensively to visit customers
- Working with the Marketing and Commercial Teams to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to existing services accounts
- Accompanying team members to meetings when agreed it is beneficial to do so
You will have:
- Hold a BSc degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in a Scientific discipline
- Demonstrable experience in a wide range of molecular genetic oncology techniques in a laboratory running FISH
- Strong analytical and judgement skills
- A proactive approach to work with excellent organisational skills
- Credibility with potential and existing customers and colleagues across the organisation
- Highly detailed and continually up to date technical knowledge across the relevant product offering
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team
- The flexibility to make and change travel plans, at relatively short notice
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 24 September 2021.
No agencies please