Reporting to our Field Application Scientist (FAS) Manager, you will provide technical product support and customer training in North America (Canada and USA), supporting the sales team for OGT’s CytoSure® NGS and SureSeq™ Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products in a pre- and post-sales capacity. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy to the needs of the clients.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time to visit customers and attend exhibitions in the US and Canada.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering training on OGT’s NGS products at customer sites including laboratory work and software installation and training
- Providing ongoing technical support of NGS products, both wet lab and software
- Working proactively with the North American Commercial team in a pre and post-sales support role primarily for NGS products
- Understanding customer needs and application of products for NGS utilising continual learning of technologies, products and marketplace
- Providing feedback to Marketing and R&D teams to help develop future products and keep corporate headquarters informed of North American technical trends
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing, Commercial and R&D teams to ensure the highest levels of customer service to accounts
- Hold a BSc degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in a Scientific discipline
- Have demonstrable hands-on experience in a wide range of molecular genetic oncology techniques in a laboratory including NGS
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of molecular genetics, NGS applications/ technologies, and NGS Data Analysis software. Microarray experience is desirable
- IT literacy required and familiarity with bioinformatics a plus
- Have a proven track record in NGS troubleshooting and customer service. Demonstration of basic customer service skills at a minimum.
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Be highly adaptable, organised and a strong team player who can work with others to solve problems
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
- Have a strong understanding of CAP, CLIA and other North America clinical lab accreditations
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- 401k Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
- Life Assurance Scheme
Closing date for applications is 16 April 2021.
No agencies please