Unique opportunity to join Oxford Gene Technology’s (OGT) Field Application Scientist (FAS) team. This expansion role will bring additional resources for technical support of our Cytocell™ FISH product line and possibly others depending on the candidate’s expertise. Seeking organized, self-motivated candidates with a desire to apply their Cytogenetic/FISH technical skills to supporting customers and driving commercial growth. Those with a problem-solving spirit, demonstrated FISH technical knowledge/experience and awareness of the FISH market space please apply!
Reporting to Mike Ornelas, NA Director of Support and Services, you will provide technical product support and customer training in North America (Canada and USA), supporting the sales team for OGT’s Cytocell™ FISH products products in a pre- and post-sales capacity. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy to the needs of the clients.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time to visit customers and attend exhibitions in North America and sometimes Canada (ability to travel to Canada required)
What we’re looking for in you:
- Hold a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific Discipline
- Have a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience processing FISH (Hematology and FFPE)/Constitutional) and performing analysis (ASCP(CG) certification desired)
- Possess thorough knowledge of Cytogenetic/FISH applications techniques
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable in FISH Analysis and understanding of ISCN nomenclature
- Possess demonstrated customer service experience with a collaborative mindset
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Be highly adaptable, organised and a strong team player who can work with others to solve problems
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
- Have a strong understanding of CAP, CLIA and other NA clinical lab accreditations
What you’ll be doing for us:
- Deliver training on OGT’s Cytocell™ FISH products in both the Oncology and Constitutional disciplines
- Provide ongoing FISH technical support for hematology, pathology, and other applications
- Work proactively with the North American Commercial team in a pre and post-sales support role primarily for Cytocell™ FISH products
- Understand customer needs and application of Cytocell™ FISH products utilizing continual learning of technologies, products and marketplace
- Provide customer requirements and feedback to facilitate Marketing and R&D teams in development of future products and keep corporate headquarters informed of North American technical trends
- Work with the Marketing, Commercial, and R&D teams to ensure the highest levels of customer service to accounts
- Other duties and projects as assigned
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- 401k Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
- Life Assurance Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the US during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 10 July 2022.
No agencies please