An opportunity has arisen for an Export Sales Manager to join our Sales Team.
Reporting to our Director, European Sales & Support, you will be responsible for managing the export sales activity for CytoCell and ensuring that sales targets are met, driving OGT’s commercial development. You will build strong long-term relationships, including the coordination of activities of our Distribution network. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and solution selling.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time, often at relatively short notice, mainly within our ROW regions (worldwide except North America).
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that sales and profit targets are achieved for all products across the CytoCell business, prioritising activities and resources in the most effective manner
- Identifying customers for targeted sales activity and ensuring that specific strategies are developed and implemented according to customer needs
- Identifying key critical factors for successful sales across the whole product range, monitoring effectiveness of strategies and recommending improvements
- Working in collaboration with the Director to ensure that strategic objectives are translated into tactical operational plans. Contributing to annual budgeting process
- Regular interaction and a high level of visibility with key influencers across the market
- Working collaboratively cross-functionally, understanding local competitive landscape and providing feedback to OGT
- Ensuring that sales processes are as effective as possible, managing tendering processes and providing feedback to other functional areas
- Preparing and communicating accurate forecasts for the team overall
- Negotiating, within broad guidelines, prices, discounts and terms to ensure the best deals are secured within a defined product range, and that any spend is within the agreed budget
- Ensuring that all sales associated administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Champion customer satisfaction improvement across all CytoCell product existing and prospective sites
- Hold a BSc or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in Life Science or Human Genetics
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of genetics technologies
- Have demonstrable experience in Distributor management and significant amount of commercial sales experience, including developing revenue plans
- Proven account management experience, including managing accounts of £100k+ with a track record of sales in multiple regions globally, achieving and exceeding targets
- Have strong, well-developed verbal communication and targeted presentation skills
- Have high level of influencing and networking skills internally across the organisation and externally, both including senior levels
- Experience of diagnostics, working with relevant customer background (e.g., commercial labs, and research markets) for CytoCell products with a good understanding of relevant competitors is desirable for this role.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the UK during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 14 January 2022.
No agencies please