An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our Sales Team covering the Eastern North America region.
Reporting to our VP Sales & Service Americas, you will provide NGS domain knowledge in pursuit of NGS revenue in Cytogenetics and Molecular laboratories. You will bring additional resources to establishing SureSeq™ and CytoSure® NGS reagent sales in Eastern North America. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy to the needs of the clients.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time to visit customers and attend exhibitions in North America and sometimes Canada.
Your duties will include:
- Driving sales of new, differentiated products to achieve or exceed sales targets to cytogenetics, molecular oncology and genetics labs
- Act as subject matter expert, utilising technical knowledge, customer focus and sales skills to generate, nurture and close sales opportunities
- Focus on prospecting activities on growing customer base and establishing reference customers
- Attend appropriate national conference exhibitions
- Managing the sales process and driving regional product portfolio sales by partnering with Account Management, Marketing and Support
- Prospect and qualify new customers in sales funnel
- Ultilise customer management database to build and monitor sales and forecasting. Issue quotes and partner with field application team to maximise revenue impact
- Manage regional sales via forecasting, planning, coordinating resources for strategic sales and precise communication
- Hold a BS degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to MS in a Scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Genetic Counselling, Human Genetics or related field
- Ideally, have demonstrable experience in a range of molecular genetic oncology and/or constitutional techniques in a laboratory running NGS
- Have established clinical lab sales track record and or marketing achievement. Consultative selling skills are desired
- Excellent project and network management skills
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of cytogenetic and molecular genetic industry concepts
- Strong knowledge of and experience with NGS technologies, applications and markets
- Be comfortable working with various highly technical and scientifically focussed teams simultaneously
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- 401k Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
- Life Assurance Scheme
Closing date for applications is 16 April 2021.
No agencies please