We have an opportunity on our North American commercial team, reporting to our VP of Sales & Service. The territory will be South – Central US based, including TN, MO, AR, LA, KS, OK, TX, CO, NM, UT, and AZ, with an ideal candidate based in a Texas metro area, acceptable locations include major cities within the territory.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing commercial team as we have ambitious plans to increase our market share in the genomic space. Responsible for the sales management and development of OGT’s CytoSure® aCGH family of products, SureSeq™ Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Products and CytoCell® FISH products. We need someone who is self-motivated, knowledgeable when speaking within the genomics field, confident, and driven by the overall goal to improve human healthcare.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to be home based and travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time to visit customers and attend exhibitions in the United States.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and implementing sales and account plans to drive catalog and custom products to achieve or exceed revenue targets within Cytogenetic, Molecular, and Pathology labs
- Utilising technical knowledge and customer focus to sell the family of CytoSure aCGH products, SureSeq Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Products and CytoCell FISH products offered by OGT
- Maintenance and use of the CRM to manage on-going opportunities within existing customer base, while prospecting for new customers, thus providing clear forecasting and pipeline development
- Attending appropriate national conference exhibitions and host regional exhibitions as appropriate to target customer audience
- Regular travel throughout the Territory to ensure high levels of customer service and retention of key customers
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and other members of the Commercial team to ensure the highest levels of customer service within existing accounts
- Hold a BSc degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics, Human Genetics or related field
- Have demonstrable experience in clinical and translational sales in genomics market with a track record of closing sales and establishing long-term customer relationships
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of molecular genetics, Cytogenetics, FISH technologies, applications and markets. In addition, detailed knowledge of DNA microarray, NGS, Molecular Biology and FISH techniques would be desirable for this role
- Have experience working in a lab environment preferably with a Cytogenetics, Molecular Genetics or FISH focus (desirable)
- Have experience of cultivating, developing and managing an extensive network of customers in Cytogenetics, Molecular and Pathology labs
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Have a proactive approach with excellent project, network management and organizational skills
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
- Have the ability to empathise with a broad range of people within the cytogenetic/molecular genetic community
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- 401k Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
- Life Assurance Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period. Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in the US during the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 26 November 2021.
No agencies please