An opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our Sales Team covering Northern Europe.
Reporting to our EU & Row Sales Manager (Array & NGS), you will be responsible for the sales management and development of OGT’s Microarray and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products. You will build strong relationships with key accounts and make a significant contribution towards the sales targets that are driving OGT’s commercial development. This is a key role which requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy to the needs of the customers.
This role is suited to somebody who is keen to travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time, often at relatively short notice, mainly within Europe particularly throughout the territory which covers UK, ROI, Benelux & Nordics.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and implementing territory and account specific sales plans to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Providing regular, accurate revenue forecasts
- Maintenance and use of CRM to manage on-going opportunities within existing customer base, while prospecting for new customers, thus providing clear forecasting and pipeline development
- Delivery of technical and scientific seminars and presentations on OGT products and services
- Travel regularly throughout the Territory to ensure high levels of customer service and retention of key customers
- Mapping opportunities and Key Opinion Leaders within the Northern Europe Territory
- Working collaboratively cross-functionally to ensure the highest levels of customer service to accounts
- Understand local competitive landscape and provide feedback to OGT
- Hold a BSc or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in Life Science, Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics, Human Genetics or related field
- Have demonstrable experience in clinical strategic selling, with a track record of closing sales and establishing long-term customer relationships
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of Genomics and Cytogenetics, particularly experience with NGS (desirable but not essential)
- Have experience of lead generation and prospecting whilst cultivating, developing and managing an extensive network of customers in Cytogenetics, Molecular and Pathology labs
- Have demonstrated success with complex sales and purchasing processes
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Highly adaptable and independent
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Flexi-time Scheme
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 24 September 2021.
No agencies please