Oxford Gene Technology Inc. (a Sysmex Group Company) has helped pioneer molecular medicine enabling better and more personalised choices in medicine. We have a strong and growing team, with customers in over 60 countries worldwide and expansion plans to increase our share in the growing genomic medicine market.
We have an opportunity on our North American commercial team, reporting to our Sales Director for North America. This territory will include Canada and all locations will be considered within the geography for the correct candidate.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing commercial team as we have ambitious plans to increase our market share in the genomic space. Responsible for the sales management and development of OGT’s CytoSure® aCGH family of products, SureSeq™ Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Products and CytoCell® FISH products. We need someone who is self-motivated, knowledgeable when speaking within the genomics field, confident, and driven by the overall goal to improve human healthcare.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and implement sales and account plans to drive catalog and custom products to achieve or exceed revenue targets within Cytogenetic, Molecular, and Pathology labs.
- Utilise technical knowledge and customer focus to sell the family of CytoSure aCGH products, SureSeq Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Products and CytoCell FISH products offered by OGT
- Utilise and maintain CRM to manage on-going opportunities within existing customer base, while prospecting for new customers, thus providing clear forecasting and pipeline development.
- Attend appropriate national conference exhibitions and host regional exhibitions as appropriate to target customer audience
- Travel regularly throughout assigned territory to ensure high levels of customer service and retention of key customers
- Work with Marketing and other members of the Commercial team to ensure the highest levels of customer service within existing accounts
What we’re looking for in you:
- Scientific degree: -B.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics, Human Genetics or similar fields.
- Previous clinical, translational sales and/or marketing experience, with track record of achievement. Strong sales aptitude at a minimum.
- Strong knowledge/experience with molecular genetics/cytogenetics/FISH technologies, applications and markets.
- Excellent project and network management skills, along with strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English, along with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Remote employee based out of a home office.
- Regular travel, minimum 50%.
- Detailed knowledge of the following technical areas: DNA microarray, NGS, cytogenetics, molecular biology, and FISH techniques (desirable).
- 2+ year’s lab experience, preferably within Cytogenetics, Molecular Genetics, or FISH focus (desirable).
- Extensive network of customers in Cytogenetics, Molecular and Pathology labs (desirable).
- Ability to empathise with a broad range of people within the cytogenetic/molecular genetic community (desirable).
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus scheme
- Car reimbursement
- Pension Plan
- Healthcare Package
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period.
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work in Canada during the recruitment process.
No agencies please.